What is SecurExam?
Securexam is a test administration tool that CSCC has employed in our testing center to make our College's online testing services more secure. Securexam provides us with two major security features:
- Securexam prevents students from accessing web pages outside of the Blackboard exam.
- Securexam automatically enters the password into Blackboard so the student never needs to see or be exposed to it.
How Do I Get SecurExam?
Part 1: License SecurExam (click to show less)
- Complete the following form to have the license information e-mailed to your Groupwise Address:
- After you receive the access information for SecurExam, go into Blackboard and locate your exam
- Open the exam's contextual menu
- Select Edit the Test Options
- Copy the name of the exam from the Name field
- Go to the Web Address listed in the access information email
- Type in the password listed in the access information email
- Click Login
- Paste the name of the exam in the Exam Title field on the SecurExam website
- Click Generate
- Copy the generated password from the SecurExam website
- Go back to Blackboard
- Scroll down to the Password field in Test Options
- Check the Password checkbox
- Paste the SecurExam generated password into the Blackboard Password field
- Set the remaining test options:
- Set Open Test in New Window to No
- Set Make the Link Available to Yes
- Add a New Announcement for this Test is optional
- Multiple Attempts is optional. Unchecked is recommended.
- Disable Force Completion (uncheck it)
- Set Timer is optional
- Display After is optional
- Display Until is optional
- Due Date is optional
- Check Include this Test in Grade Center Score Calculations
- Uncheck Hide Results for this Test Completely from Instructor and the Grade Center
- Test Feedback is optional. We recommend only checking Score until after the test deadline. Then you can go back and edit the Feedback to show correct answers, etc.
- Set Presentation Mode to One at a Time
- Randomize Questions is optional
- Click Submit
- Complete any appropriate paperwork as required by the Testing Center.
How Do I Use SecurExam?
Upcoming Columbus State Training Sessions
There are no training courses for SecurExam at this time.