What is SoftChalk?
With SoftChalk you can....
- Create interactive web pages for your e-learning course. It's easy, quick, and your lessons will look like a professional designer created them.
- Engage your students with lessons that include pop-up text annotations, self-assessment quizzes, and interactive learning games.
- Package your lessons for delivery via Blackboard.
If you can use a word-processing program, you can use SoftChalk. Designed for teachers and content-experts who don't have time to learn complex software, SoftChalk is simple, yet powerful, with only the features you need to create exciting, interactive, content for your online course.
How Do I Get SoftChalk?
Part 1: Download SoftChalk (click to show less)
SoftChalk 8 works with both Windows and Mac computers. Please click on the appropriate link below to download SoftChalk 8:
- When prompted, click Save or Save File
- The Save As dialog box will display. Use the drop-down menu at the time to select Desktop. Click the Save button.
Part 2: Install SoftChalk (click to show less)
- Go to your desktop.
- Double-click on the SoftChalk Installation icon.
- The SoftChalk 8 Setup dialog box will display. Click on the Next button to continue.
- The License Agreement dialog box will display. After reading the License Agreement, click on the I Agree button to continue.
- The Choose Install Location dialog box will display. By default, the SoftChalk application will install in the location displayed. If you wish to change the location, click the Browse... button and select a new location. When you are satisfied with the application location, click on the Install button to continue.
- The Installing dialog box will display. This step may take a minute or two to complete.
- The Setup Complete dialog box will display. Click Finish to close the Wizard. SoftChalk is now installed
Part 3: License SoftChalk (click to show less)
- Complete the following form to have the license information e-mailed to your Groupwise Address:
- After you receive the activation information via e-mail, double-click on the SoftChalk desktop icon
- It may take a moment or two, but SoftChalk will open:
- Open the Help menu and click Enter License:
- When prompted, enter the license information for SoftChalk under License Information (we recommend copying and pasting) and enter information about yourself under User Information. Click OK.
- If everything was entered correctly, you will receive a confirmation message. Click OK to begin making SoftChalk lessons.
How Do I Use SoftChalk?
Upcoming Columbus State Training Sessions
There are no training courses for SoftChalk at this time.
- Installation Guide (PDF)
- User Guide (PDF)
- Quick Video Tutorials
- Short Courses
- Online Webinars
- Sample Lessons
- SoftChalk Support Center